Thursday, November 1, 2007

Steamy Success!

I was at Target yesterday and randomly decided to buy some of the new Ziploc Zip N' Steam bags. I didn't actually know what I'd use them for or when, but they sounded fun.

I tried them out for dinner tonight and I made steamed chicken, steamed vegetables, along with salad and grapes and the whole very healthy dinner only took 15 minutes tops to make! It was actually really good, too! I was a little iffy on the whole idea of steamed chicken at first, but it tasted like baked chicken and was much simpler. As an added bonus, no dirty dishes!!! They offer different sizes of bags, so you could even make dinner for one easily!

For the chicken I placed a very large frozen boneless skinless chicken breast (big enough to split) in the steam bag with EVOO, kosher salt, ground black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. I microwaved it for 7 minutes and it was done...perfectly!

As for the veggies, I put frozen broccoli and carrots along with seasoned salt in the steam bag and microwaved it for 3 minutes and they were done perfectly, too!

I may never use a pot or pan again:)

1 comments:

Emily said...

I've so been wanting to try those! I'm definitely doing it now. I'm so glad you're here to test drive these things for me...