Monday, November 12, 2007

Cranana Bread part II

The Cranana Bread was really good! I had another slice for breakfast this morning. I changed a few things, not much. I will say the cranberries are very tart, so you may wish to slice them and mix them with sugar, first. I actually liked them tart.

Cranana Bread (recipe from Wilson's Farm, Lexington, MA)
-1/2 stick butter, softened
-1 c. sugar
-2 eggs
-2 small bananas, sliced (I mashed mine...I don't like chunks of banana)
-1 c. fresh or frozen cranberries
-1/4 c. water
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 3/4 c. flour (I used 1 c. white and 3/4 c. whole wheat)
-1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1/4 tsp. cinnamon
-you could probably add walnuts to this, too

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan(s) (I used 3 mini loaf pans)

Cream butter and sugar together. Add in eggs, one by one, mixing well between each addition. Add in bananas, cranberries, water and vanilla. Mix until blended

Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to batter and mix until combined...do not overmix.

Pour batter into pan(s) and bake one large pan for about 55 minutes or 3 small loaf pans for about 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Let rest 10 minutes, run a knife around edges to loosen and turn out on a rack to cool completely.

1 comments:

bandshayes said...

Yummmmmyyyyy. That looks awesome. My email said you were baking today. I need to look at the dates you post. Ner. I enjoyed talking to you today. Even though it was only for a few minutes. Love ya.
Shanna