Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall Cookie Recipe


I LOVE the coolness of fall! It means lots of baking at the Kingcade house!! Today, I was wanting oatmeal cookies and thought the addition of pumpkin pie spice would be great! I had everything on hand for these and a few minutes of naptime left to spare!! So, I have a batch of Spiced Oatmeal Cookies in the oven right now. They may or may not taste that great, but they sound wonderful! I'll update this later with the verdict!


Spiced Oatmeal Cookies (adapted from Sherry Lewis' Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies Recipe)

Cream together:
2 sticks butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar

Add and mix well:

1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

Add and mix well:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice *see update note below*

Stir in:
3 cups rolled oats

Drop by Tablespoon on ungreased (foil-lined for easy clean up) cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and serve.


***Mine just came out of the oven and smell GREAT!! I'll let them cool and issue a verdict soon!

UPDATE: These are really good! My favorite combination of crispy on the outside and soft on the inside! BUT, if you really want that pumpkin pie spice flavor to dominate, DOUBLE the amount of pumpkin pie spice that you put in. Otherwise, leave it as-is and it still is really good!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Sorry for the tiny text...not sure why it won't let me change the size!

~Aubrey

Alyssa said...

Yum! Sounds delish! Are you bringing them to SSS tomorrow?

Lauren said...

YUM!! You just made me crave some fall food!! Good thing I have all these ingredients on hand...might just have to take a baking study break this evening!!

Gena said...

Love pumpkin spice and oatmeal cookies. Never thought about combining the flavors. With I had one right now......