Friday, September 28, 2007

Pumpkin Crisp

YAY FOR FALL!!!! I'm so happy it's fall! That means pumpkin bread, soups and more! This is one of my favorite fall recipes! I don't like pumpin pie, but I do like this recipe!! This is another easy and tasty, not so healthy, recipe! This is the one I took to small group tonight:



Pumpkin Crisp

2 cans pumpkin

1 box yellow cake mix

1 stick butter (softened)

3 tsp. cinnamon (or to taste)

2 tsp. Nutmeg (or to taste)

2 tsp. Allspice (or to taste)

1/2 cup sugar

1 to 2 Tbsp. raw sugar (optional)



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 pan. In medium bowl, combine cans of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and sugar. Spread on the bottom of the pan. Combine cake mix with the softened butter until the mixture resembles crumbs and is well combined. Spread evenly over pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle with raw sugar if desired. Bake for approx. 30 to 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.



This is great served straight from the oven with Cool Whip, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

1 comments:

Mandy said...

Is this the pumpkin crisp that you made one year? I made it for my family and it was a big hit!