Friday, February 27, 2009

2 new recipes



Here are a few new EASY and yummy recipes to share from this week! The soup recipe is a hand-me-down from my mom and VERY healthy, light, and delicious!

Chocolate Trifle
1 box chocolate pudding, prepared (allow to set in fridge)
1 box vanilla pudding, prepared (allow to set in fridge)
1 box brownies, prepared according to pkg (I like to add chocolate chips and/or butterscotch chips)
1 container Cool Whip, thawed
2 Butterfingers or Heath Bars, finely chopped

Layer (in order) crumbled brownies, vanilla pudding, chocolate pudding, Cool Whip, and Butterfinger bits....REPEAT.

Chill and serve.


Cheese and Chicken Soup (serves 4)
2 cans chicken broth
1/4 c. chopped onion ( I use frozen)
6oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 can Rotel (I use mild)
1 c. chicken, cooked and chopped
3 c. broccoli, chopped (I use frozen)
1 1/2 c. carrot, chopped (I use frozen)

In large pot, bring chicken broth and onion to a boil. Add cheese and cook, stirring often, until cheese it melted. Add Rotel and vegetables and chicken. Simmer until vegetables are tender (20-3o min). Serve with cornbread.

***Use any veggies you wish, fresh or frozen. Squash and zucchini are especially tasty in this soup!



Photobucket

4 comments:

Renee Conley said...

The truffle was delicious yesterday.

Candice said...

That trifle is so good! I have made it several times. I make whole wheat brownies with it, which are pretty good (though they will leave grit in your teeth):). Sounds yummy!

Kristin said...

The truffle is bookmarked in my recipe folder - I can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

I made the soup for dinner last night. Threw in some leftover peas and carrots. Yummy!! Hit the spot on our cold, snowy day!
Thanks, Sharon